Thursday, September 17, 2009

Teen Forever


Taxes
+
Work 40 hours/week
+
Laundry
+
Mow the lawn
+
Make supper
+
Haul kids every which way
+
7 hours of sleep
+
Insurance or no insurance??
=
the life of an adult.

It seems like just yesterday I was playing with Barbies & hide-n-go seek with the neighbor kids. Not too long ago, I was the little girl riding the pink bicycle with little fringies coming out of the handlebars. (Oh and don't forget the little bike horn, which was probably just as loud-and annoying-as a car horn.) Not a care in the world. No stress, just fun & games. Or how about more up-to-date: track meets, tennis matches, basketball games, youth group, summer camp, sleepovers, driving permit (hopeful license in 1 month 5 days--not that I'm counting or anything), iPods, Facebook, & texting. It's the good life! Sure, I've had plenty of rain on my parade. Or storms, in the case of homework :P And of course, there's always the talk about your future. What classes to take to make sure you're all set. "Wat r u gonna majer in when u gro up?" "Most likely spelling and grammar."

But what I if don't want to grow up?

What if I still can't get enough of Pocahontas and The Lion King? What if I can't give up those high school football games (where everyone is completely intent on watching the game and only the game)? What if I enjoy being immature & boiling up miscellaneous items from the church fridge just to see if they'll explode?

I mean, come on. Me?? College?! You've gotta be kidding. Makes me think of Mom and Dad Mouse saying to little Gus, "Oh honey, we know you're nervous for your first day. Just don't pay any attention to the fact that most of the other students are cats."

Man, I wish I could just fly off with Peter Pan to Neverland. No worries, and just be a teen forever.

1 comment:

  1. Yea! Why didn't Wendy go with Peter!? I totally would have! N idk about you but I think that captain hook is such a cutie! :D Btw you can always blow things up at college too! Don't forget that! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete