Saturday, December 5, 2009

411

Hey ya'll! If you're reading this, I imagine you know me fairly well. You probably know that I love The Office. Ok.....that I'm obsessed with The Office (I've seen every episode of seasons 1-5 at least once :) you might know that I will never ever pass up a smoothie. Even if all I have is $6 left on a weekend trip, I will spend $4.50 on a good smoothie. Or if you really know your Colleen trivia, you might know that my ro-models in elementary school were Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. I had a poster shrine of them on my wall, 23 dolls (lol yes I know that's an odd number), outfits, make-up, 31 books, 12 movies, 5 life biographies.....crazy i know!

If you're involved in high school track, I'm sure you've seen me dashing around the track or doing high jump at least once or twice :) I know a lot of people just join track because they want to stay in shape, or because their friends are in it. But strange as it may sound, I really love running! There's no better feeling that finishing a race, completely out of breath, and getting your best time. Well, I guess if you won that would make it even better :)

Pop quiz! Which sport did I join for the first time this year?........Did you guess lacrosse??? Well, if so, you're wrong. I joined tennis! I'd never been in a fall sport, and I decided that I didn't want to have so much free time on my hands. It was a tough decision between volleyball, soccer, & tennis. I enjoyed all 3 of them! In the end I chose tennis, and boy did I make the right decision! The girls were fabulous, and the coaches were so helpful and nice. I felt like I belonged from day 2 (the first day I was really out of it and had no idea what I was doing.....lol) The technique part of tennis was much harder than I expected, and I had to really work on my form. I went from hitting balls over the fence to getting some pretty nice shots in the court! At our end of the year banquet, I won the JV award for most improved. The bus rides were one of my favorite things. This sport was a LOT different from track. Rules were not nearly as strict, we ate whatever we wanted on the bus, & we always stopped for dinner after the match. I loved it!

If you're into any of the music programs at ALHS, you may have seen me playing clarinet in the band, singing in Varsity choir, or singing & dancing at SASS practice!

You might also know that I manage JV boys basketball. I started in 9th grade when my junior friends asked me and some other girls to help them out. I thought it sounded like fun, and it'd be a great way to get to know some of the guys! It was a ton of fun, and I'm looking forward to doing that again.

Well I hope that I've given you a better understanding of who I am and if you already knew all that stuff about me, I hope I just gave you something to do with the last 4 minutes :)

1 comment:

  1. While I was reading this, I kept saying hey i knew that! oh that too! and ended up knowing almost eveything you said. i remember the mary kate and ashley days! wo. lol (: and im so glad we're friends and i know a lot about you(:

    ReplyDelete