Sunday, December 20, 2009

No More, No Less

Oh how fun you may think this is
A game with a start and an end
With playing pieces and obstacles
But your goal is to win
Whatever the cost, you never stop playing
But I wish you would
Because in this game, you're trying to beat me
Why don't you just quit, like you know you should
The object is to manipulate
Use me for your own good
It's turned you into a monster
Doing things you never knew you could
It started off with innocent and fun
We'd played this game before, before I knew your rule
You put on a show, and made it light-hearted
This turned into cheating & using me as a tool
Did you think I wouldn't notice
That I was naive and dumb
I've got news for you buddy
I'm through with you, I've got better times to come
Good luck trying to hook another victim
I will no longer waste my time trying to impress
You acted different when you were with me
I've always been myself, no more no less

No comments:

Post a Comment