Saturday, October 10, 2009

Disruptions

Do you ever get those brief moments throughout the day where you remember something funny? Maybe it was from this morning, or yesterday, or last week, or maybe even last year. You try unsuccessfully to resist the urge to laugh out loud. You fail....miserably. Ok ok, think of something sad, you tell yourself.....not working. Plan B: clamp your mouth shut with a nearby object: tape, your hand, someone else's hand.... If all the above don't work, hold your breath. For as long as need may be. Eventually you will pass out and then you won't be able to laugh, thereby leaving the class disruption-free. Problem solved! Although I've never got to the last step....

So this happens to me quite often. If the incident on my mind is particularly funny I have an even harder time controlling myself. Most of them only being funny to me and a couple friends.

Speaking of disrupting, one of the most annoying, embarrassing things that frequently happens to me during class is my stomach grumbling. I eat a healthy breakfast, definitely filling me up. So WHY does my stomach feel the need to complain?? I know when someone else can hear it, when the kid next to me turns his head to look at me, gives me a confused look, and starts laughing. I have to assure them it's my stomach! :S My stomach and I will have to have a serious talk, I'm going to tell it that this behavior will not be tolerated.

6 comments:

  1. colleen! believe it or not, i also have a hard time keeping my laughter under control when i start daydreaming about something funny in class:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. especially when we have a class together, and we could be on opposite ends of the room, glance at each other, and break out laughing :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get what your saying and then people stare at you like why in the heck is she laughing oh well im just weird like that :) Power to weirdness

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha yeah i get what you're saying about the whole stomach thing. It's so embarressing and i don't know why it does it either! Total embarressment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha i have to say i have the same problems with getting distracted!! :P

    ReplyDelete