Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Shopping: The Pros and Cons

I am a girl so it's a give-in that me and shopping go together like a fat kid and French Fries. I'm not a shopaholic (I don't have enough money for that) but when I get the chance I buy what I can!

I "oooh" and "awe" over the clothes in the front, more expensive part of the store. One glance at most of the price tags usually has me sighing and heading for the clearance racks. The nice part is I usually find something I really like anyway. But I've got to keep myself in check, though. I don't want to end up walking up the cash register with 3 shirts and a necklace, have the clerk add up the total to $60, and realize I only have $45.

Another thing that is quite irrating is seeing a cute shirt on a mannequin and then trying it on....only to realize that the mannequin's figure made the shirt look a heck of a lot better! Definitely a slam to the old self-esteem. So I always make sure I try on clothes before I buy them. That is my least favorite part the whole experience. I hate trying clothes on. It's time consuming & makes my hair look like Ozzy Ozbourne's. But I have to do it because if I don't, it always ends up that I'll try it on at home and won't like it. Then I'll have to return it...yada yada yada. Way more work than it's worth. So it's better to just put up with it.

Another thing that bugs me is how the local mall seems to have less good stores every year (not that it had a whole lot to begin with). We lost Bath and Body and Claire's....pure insanity! Why can't they get rid of the stores we don't need, like Schneisers and Christopher and Banks?? And have they ever heard of adding better stores, like Aeropostale, Hollister, American Eagle, PacSun, Charlotte Russe, Abercrombie...? Hello! A mall is for teenagers! (Well pretty much) And for goodness sake, can we get some FOOD in the food court?? An A&W, Culver's, Wendy's, KFC...you know actual restaurants?

I guess that's more cons than pros, but I think the pros outweigh the cons :)

6 comments:

  1. this is so very very true
    geat metaphors there dearie;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree totally with all of this. except i have to say that shoes are my favorite part of shopping. we really do need some good stores though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha girlie reading this made me smile :) yea pretty soon AL will probably just dissapear of the map entirely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha yeah serously! no one even goes there..unless they are old and walk laps around the mall. its sad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so true!! i agree 100%. Maybe if they put an american eagle in they would actually get some business..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe that was cute! and totally true! I'm with shel tho!Shoes are the bane of my existance! They always fit and most r way cute! And btw the only pro shopping needs is cute clothes! That outways all cons :D

    ReplyDelete