Monday, November 9, 2009

Domino Effect

Ahhh I am so proud of myself--I'm blogging before Sunday night! :)

At work tonight, I had an interesting conversation with my two very good friends, Kelsey and Megan. I thought I'd share with you!

Imagine this:
I'm sitting in math class, bored out of mt mind. (Sounds like a typical day, right? Not for long....) I stare out the window as the birds fly freely about. I wish I was a bird. Not because I could lay eggs and have the power to poop on people's windshields, but so that I could just fly away from this wretched class! Ugh! What is she talking about? Something about parallel lines.....where have I heard that before? Oh ya, LAST year! Gah. Suddenly, Gayle Nelson (muh ha ha) lets out a blood-curtling shriek! There is a mouse lurking in the corner by her desk. She jumps out of the way, afraid it will pounce at any moment. She hits one of the desks in the front row and tips it over. That desk hits a student and the student stands up with a jolt, sending his pencil flying into the eye of his fellow pupil in the seat behind him. That child is going beserk and runs out of the room, slamming into the bookshelf in the process. The bookshelf rocks unsteadily, and then stops. Everyone breathes a sigh of relief. Then it crashes through the window along with every single book on the shelves. One of the books hits the guy mowing the lawn on the head. He's taken by shock and fails to steer the lawn mower as it plows onto the highway. A semi driver slams on his breaks just in time to miss him. Unfortunately, for the car behind him, the driver can't stop in time and runs into a tree. This tree just happens to be next to the picnic tables at Mrs. Gerry's where some of the workers are enjoying a smoke. They're scared silly and drop their cigarettes. The grass catches on fire. Attempting to avoid the path of the fire, a biker swerves to miss it and ends up in the lake. A nearby swan is abruptly awakened by a car plunging into the murky depths. Fire trucks quickly arrive on the scene. Witnesses are interviewed. The incident is quickly examined and the culprit is found and is serving a life sentence in prison. That poor, poor mouse.

4 comments:

  1. haha i agree..that was quite fun to imagine :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!!!!!!!!!!!! i LOVE coming up with these stories in class..except i always almost burst out laughing when i shouldn't be..HAHA!!:)

    ReplyDelete