Friday, November 27, 2009

Have a Nice Day

"Hey!"
"Hey. How's it going?"
"Good. How about you?"
"Good."
"That's good."

Now how many times have you heard that? Once or twice, right? This conversation bugs me, although I catch myself saying it all the time. First of all, what's the point ot talking to this person if this is all you're gonna say? You must not be very close if all you ask is "How's it going?" When 99% of the time you could care less how the person is doing. So why bother asking?? I think it'd be cool if we had a 6th sense to feel when someone was really hurting. Then you could genuinely ask, "How's it going?" And they would lie and say, "Good." And you could say, "Now tell me how it's really going. Because I honestly want to know." You would make that person's day! Maybe all they needed was someone to share their problems with, just someone who cared. And what an honor it'd be to have that person be you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment