Tuesday, January 26, 2010

All Along

You were there all along
I can't believe I never saw you
You were never hidden
And yet I couldn't find you
I suppose it's because I wasn't looking
When you so desperately want something,
You do anything to get it
This wasn't the case
I never knew what I was missing
And therefore I had no need for you
There were reminders of you every place I went
But I was to stubborn to recognize them
What I can't understand,
Is how you never gave up
You kept waiting for me,
Even when you were the last thing on my mind
My mind was full of things
Everything, except you

"All along I was looking for something else
You're something else
All along I was looking for something more
You're so much more
I've finally found what I could never see before
You've always been the one I was looking for."

No comments:

Post a Comment