Friday, January 8, 2010

What's WIthin Reach

Ah it's Friday, January 8th and it's 11:09 AM. I'm sitting at home, blogging. OH NO! Why aren't I at school? It's because it's a snow day, don't panic :)

And I've decided to blog about objects that are within my reach.

To my left, is an elaborate Chinese calendar that my family received from a Chinese waitress at the China Buffet. My family goes there so much, the waitresses know us by name and our usual drink orders! This calendar is very colorful and has a bird painted on it, probably Chinese. The dates are all in English (what a relief!) although there are many unknown (to me) inscriptions of Chinese symbols. I suppose they could say things totally unrelated to a calendar, and I wouldn't have the slightest idea.

Just inches from my left hand rests my cell phone. This isn't just any contraption, this is my portal of communication! It's very high tech, and I can play music (although I haven't figured out how), go on the internet, Facebook, Microsoft Word, and even call and text! I'd be lost without this device, it helps me stay connected.

On the floor to my right lies a DVD called Alvin and the Chipmunks. This is a great movie, very funny and cute :) it's about 3 chipmunks adventures with their buddy, "Dav", and all the mischief and mayhem they cause. My favorite chipmunk is theodore because he is chubby and adorable. and whada ya know? he's voiced by another cutie, jesse mccartney!

My brother's water bottle sits on the computer desk to my right. This is odd, considering that we're not allowed to have liquids anywhere other than the kitchen. Hmmm. I should inform mother of this....

And lastly, there is a mighty piano to my left. Probably not the best place for a piano, considering when the rare chance someone (being me 99.9% of the time) plays it, the unfortunate person at the computer gets a blast of music right in their ear. It just so happens that I usually feel the urge to play when Samuel is on the computer.....purely coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment